A little insight

I am an avid thinker. I try and make a difference in the lives of people around me. I make people laugh. My blogs might seem more on the serious side but don't let it fool you into thinking that I am a serious person. I am known more for my quick wit and ability to tickle ribs. I am also very passionate about parenting.
Anyway, as you read along, try and comment. It might just encourage me...



Thursday, June 10, 2010

Two weeks

Thank you all, my blog friends, for your wishes. You cannot imagine how overwhelming it was see all those comments wishing me luck.

Swaram's comment prompted me to write right way!!! :D

The month started on a very hectic note. I was suddenly propelled into so much at the same time. Not too distant in the past, I was hanging around for six years at home, waiting for friends/relatives to drop in. Almost like rain in a parched desert ( Yes. I love to entertain :D). Well, almost nobody did.

And now I took up work and there landed a friend with her two kids. As soon as I got wind of the jobs and knowing that I had to start right away, I called her to tell her that she should postpone her travel so that I could take stock of things first. She did not take it well (she normally can't handle disappointment). Actually, she took it rather badly. But I also told her that if she was still keen on coming, she just had to keep in mind that I was starting right away. Which meant that I would not be able to hang around as much. She was to stay at my place for 3 days.

Well, I don't think she got the drift. She suddenly did not have anything else to do for 3 days, so she expected me to take her shopping. Not a problem, I love shopping. She is not alien to this place. Day 1 was fine, but I thought she should have just carried on with her shopping without me on the subsequent days. The selfishness was kind of getting under my skin. I was a mental wreck. I was creating backlogs that I had no clue how I would be able to deal with. To add to that the physical exhaustion due to the heat and all that shopping, house chores etc was beginning to get to me.

The worse part was that when she confirmed that she was coming anyways, I went ahead and planned the meals (read - and bought groceries) for her visit. Me being a hardcore non veg, and husband a vegetarian, I look forward to people who have to put their canines and molars to better use!! But guess what?? She is a vegetarian on Thursday and Friday. And what was I supposed to do with all that meat. Suddenly a lot more confusion was thrown in (as though I did not have enough of it already).

To top it all, she had been suffering from a nagging cold. The cold bothered her and so did the heat. She would say she was ravenously hungry and eat like a bird. She would not tell me that she did not like a particular dish when I told her I was going to make it. For some reason she would tell me only after I made it. Lots of it. Then there were far too many things that they together as a family did not eat. If the son liked potato, the mother did not. If the mother liked eggs, the son did not. And then the daughter had a select few things that she ate. Can you imagine that I was cooking even at 11:30 pm??? Which person would feed their kid at that time?? Well, my friend from hell did!!! It began to get tiresome and I was like, "Leave already!!!!"

She finally did. I hated myself when I whoopied, but I just could not help it. You must be wondering that I must be so difficult to be with. Well, after careful thinking, I realised that I only saw her in her territory. This was the first time I saw her in mine. And boy, she is difficult to please! She really put my 'host' skills to test!

I ended up with tremendous backlogs at work, and I was racing against time to complete it. I hated being put in a position like this and was soooooooo angry. Only those who saw me knew what I was going through. I was tired to the bone. But I really wanted to keep that job. I love every bit of it.

My articles are being published. I have not gotten a single article so far for editing/corrections. Woooooooooo Hooooooooooo!!

The other job that I took up, requires physical exertion too. I am getting trained to teach yoga. I love it, people! But yes, right now, I am tired.

9 comments:

Swaram said...

Oh wow! They are interesting :) Gud luck :)

UmaS said...

You are training to teach yoga ??? WOW !!! Interesting and all the very best.

Articles are being published - That deserves a special hug and I sincerely think that you deserve them all. :)

Its difficult to please everybody all the time and sometimes we need to take such hard decisions, which go against our basic personality, so that we are taken on a ride. Take care.

When are u free ???? Still waiting for that call....

Lakshmi said...

Hmm, sometimes when it rains it really pours, doesn't it? I am sorry to hear about your ordeal with the "friend". Sometimes friendship takes lot of effort. Glad you survived! And good to know you are enjoying your job, great going Bins...

My Kitchen Antics said...

hey do post a link 2 ur articles..wud love 2 read:)

Reflections said...

Same story at my end...all these years when I had the maid and everything was going smoothly not a single soul dropped in. As soon as she left, random people are walking in and making my life hectic;-D.

Both ur jobs sound interesting...am so happy for u:-))!!!

colours said...

Congrats Bins on landing two lovely jobs...

My mother once had a family like this at home (they were relatives)... and their thoughtlessness made her really upset. They would go out and get take aways just for themselves, bring it to my parents' place and eat it themselves... and then demand certain type of food to be cooked for each of them. So I hear what you say...

A said...

p/s:

@Nancy: I miss you already!

A said...

I am so happy for you B! And you're gonna be a yoga instructor, wow!!!

Reflections said...

LOL Agnes I miss u too;-D
But not all tht much coz I plan to keep in touch;-))