A little insight

I am an avid thinker. I try and make a difference in the lives of people around me. I make people laugh. My blogs might seem more on the serious side but don't let it fool you into thinking that I am a serious person. I am known more for my quick wit and ability to tickle ribs. I am also very passionate about parenting.
Anyway, as you read along, try and comment. It might just encourage me...



Friday, March 5, 2010

All in the News!

Since March 3rd, every time I answer my phone, there have been news that made me sit at the edge of my chair.

First it was the plane that crashed not so far away from where I stay. The International Airshow is on in my city. I was not at the show, but I was headed to Neha's school when I saw the four planes overhead, doing their acrobatics. Just at that time, they gave out different colored smoke and flew forward. Just a few moments from then, one of the planes lost control and crashed into a building. Both pilots died in the crash. There were no civilian casualties.

Then later in the day, I get a frantic call from MIL saying that I should turn on the local news channel. There was this swami who was caught on tape having a romp. Well, a lot of self-proclaimed 'gods' at some point or other are always in the news, romping!! Well this swami's scandal was important. My husband's cousin was an ardent follower and she was willing to forsake her family and go serve this 'god.' Looks like she would have to give in more that she was willing to, had she made that move. Though I follow the local language well, somehow, news in all Indian languages are difficult to follow. Looks like they draft the news piece, then use Thesaurus to come up with difficult words and then read out the news! So I had to wait for my husband to get back to give me the whole deal on this swami. Then of course, all news channels began airing the cons of following such swami's, how they have property worth crores, etc. How people are so foolish to waste their time trying to reach God, when really, it is all so simple.

The next day my MIL calls again to tell me that the manager at a bank where a lot of us hold accounts, was caught siphoning lakhs of money. I told my MIL that she had no reason to worry for me. Seeing the pennies in it, somebody might feel sorry and just put in some money. I had to call in once at night just to make sure that there were no scandals while I was out! :D

In today's paper I saw a news item : Carla Bruni-Sarkosy goes Bra-less at state dinner! Was there a mandate that nobody told this lady about?? I mean she was hosting the dinner. Maybe she was so busy looking into the details that she forgot to wear a bra! Somebody must put up a set of rules for such events.

Rule 1: Follow all the protocols for VIP guests.
Rule 2: Make sure security is tight.
Rule 3: Wear underwear.

I mean, who knew this. Just in case you hear any such eye-popping news, keep me in the loop!

13 comments:

UmaS said...

Eye-popping News reader !!!! LOL !!!

Air-crash - quite sad - I feel bad when something happens like this at Hyd. Its a place close to my heart.

That stupid guy - the so called baba or guru - many women have been following him way tooo much. Just read Smita's blog on this -

It seems he was compared with Swami Vivekananda, for being a linguist and all !!! Such a cheapo and all these Godmen shld not be allowed to start something - how much money he has made - sandalwood, animal skins, women - is he a sanyasi or what ????? These stupid ppl to believe each and every Godman.

OH !!! Thats what these ppl look at, when they see celebs, right ??? Whether they wore a bra / dress / shoe / diamonds - come on, give them a break.

Will sure call you, when I hear such news !! Who else can I tell ????

UmaS said...

Here's the link, which I forgot to write - please edit the previous comment and add this !!!

http://books-life-n-more.blogspot.com/2010/03/crime-sleaze-dhokha.html

My Kitchen Antics said...

Oh don even get me started on the bizarre-ness here in London. Recently Elizabeth Hurley landed at the Love Ball- a charity event with her husband wearing a transparent saree and no blouse whatsoever. Did she think it was awesome to dress that way and make it in the news or didnt anyone tell her we Indian wear a saree with a blouse?

Preethi said...

well well well, this post was extremely entertaining and so is your life! Seems like you can be our own blog news anchor :D And think about how your phone must be feeling right now! VVIP now i'm going to google for all the news i read here....

G S D said...

I always thought underwear was optional at these things....damn!!

Good one...loved this post. Hope all is well.

rohini said...

seriously fed up of these bad news popping everyday...these swamis are really fake....and the last news was too good to read hihihi...but shameless

Agnes said...

The world has gone mad, Bins, hasn't it?
At least she wore clothes. Unlike Britney . Britney does wear underwear -- in fact that's all she wears. Plus a hat thrown in for good measure. I think that Swami would like her.

Swaram said...

The crash thing ws really sad :( I think 4 ppl were injured too?

The Swami news .. gosh! Am so glad that cousin hd nt taken the dreaded step as yet!

LOL .. whatz with bra n underwear :P

Reflections said...

The saddest news was the one about the toddler found dead in Australia...heartbreaking really!!!

colours said...

Hey! what happened to all the Feminist Bra Burning campaigns?

There have been so many swamis caught like this now...

It is so sad about the crashes... it was the same hearing about the Belgian train crash.

Lakshmi said...

Watching news is kind of depressing these days. Somehow the number of airplane crashes whether commercial or private seems to be more this year everywhere.

About the Swami, I do not know why people still keep going to such people. I do not believe that someone else can help a person; it is high time people realized that the solutions to their problems is within themselves.

Nupur said...

long time no see,hope you are doing well !

colours said...

Bins, you ok? Waiting for your next post...