A little insight

I am an avid thinker. I try and make a difference in the lives of people around me. I make people laugh. My blogs might seem more on the serious side but don't let it fool you into thinking that I am a serious person. I am known more for my quick wit and ability to tickle ribs. I am also very passionate about parenting.
Anyway, as you read along, try and comment. It might just encourage me...



Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas and after

I just went through one of the busiest Christmas, ever!! There was just so much going on that I did not even have too much time to focus on the fact that I did not have internet. (Actually I did for a bit! I lashed about for quite a bit especially when I was running about organising the Christmas event) Yes. I organised a Christmas event for the complex. Well, I did not get to watch any of it, but everyone came around telling me what a great time they had and that was all I needed. I have this whole fixation about giving whatever I do, the personal touch. Even if I end up killing myself over it, it does have the ‘butterfly’ touch!!

We had a live Nativity scene, Carol singing, a play that I wrote which was a funny take on Noah’s plight as he was commissioned to build the ark. Then there were a couple of dances to popular Christmas songs, a Latin American dance. I ran about every evening to the venues which were assigned for rehearsals, making sure they stuck to the theme, helped with the costumes, picked up for stuff for Santa to give away, packed them into little bunches, Put up the tree for the complex. I did have help but the tiring part was finding help when I wanted it. I was mostly backstage, making sure everyone was ready for their act. It was exhausting, but fun. I was all over the place. Normally, we have the common set of faces who are participating in all the acts. But this time, I practically dragged kids out of their homes and assigned them to their programs. They were reluctant at first, but are beaming from ear to ear now!!

You thought I had enough of these kids?? Well, I thought so too! Then what was I thinking when I invited 14 of them over to my place for a Christmas party?? All that noise! I baked cakes, made sandwiches and some stuff which my daughter insisted that I make. I had asked all the parents ahead of time to send an appropriate gift (from Santa) for their kids. Placed all the stuff under the tree. You should have seen their faces as I called out their names. They were thrilled knowing that Santa got them just what they wanted. As an additional surprise, I handed them a bag of goodies, too! Yes, the butterfly touch! :D

We were to travel on Christmas and since all the agitation for a separate State is on, we cancelled our travel plans. We just called some people over (incidentally, they were not doing anything either) and we had an impromptu party. I was in a really joyful mood and threw myself into the kitchen to whip up some continental delicacies. French onion Soup, Garden salad with Olives and baby tomatoes, Baked vegetables in Spinach sauce, Chicken baked with macaroni and Black currant cheese cake added the very required festive touch. My guests were so happy to deviate from the traditional Indian menu that everything disappeared in no time, punctuated with praises.

Wow, I had some Christmas! Yeah, so what if I was cooking for most part of it. I made the most of the fact that I was not bed-ridden this year. I spent the last three Christmas’s in bed with some strange flu. 2009 was good to me.

I hope 2010 is as kind to me, if not better. I am hoping lady luck is setting better standards for herself. I wish you all a very wonderful 2010. May you all be blessed with good health, wealth, prosperity and happiness in the coming year. Happy New Year to all of you.

9 comments:

Reflections said...

Ur posts always reflect ur enthusiasm and zest for life. Love reading them!!!
Glad u had a wonderful time!!!!

rohini said...

hi,Glad that this year was nice and u were not bed ridden this time on christmas.
I am a new blogger and first time visited your blog. Wish you to visit mine and encourage me with your views. http://rohinirojindar.blogspot.com/
thnx

Agnes said...

Oh wow! Wow! Wow! You are the real santa, Bins :-)
If I were a kid, Bins, I'd want to live in your complex.

G S D said...

Merry Christmas! That is so cool that you had such a great time. You make the rest of us seem like children in the kitchen.
Wish you a great 2010.

Swaram said...

U r gonna hv a gr8 2010 dear ... with all the lovely things u do, it just can't be otherwise :)

But still, y am I never invited :( :( :(

WannabeWriter said...

Agree totally with Agnes! Wish we were living in your complex...sounds like a fun place!

Anonymous said...

Oh !!! I missed it all !!!! The Christmas event, the fun, the party at home, the wonderful dinner - I missed them all !!!!

Hugs to you and have a great year ahead !!!

Reflections said...

U've been awarded!!!!!!

Lakshmi said...

That was quite a lineup for the christmas party Bindu. I bet your friends are waiting for next christmas :)

Happy New Year.