A little insight

I am an avid thinker. I try and make a difference in the lives of people around me. I make people laugh. My blogs might seem more on the serious side but don't let it fool you into thinking that I am a serious person. I am known more for my quick wit and ability to tickle ribs. I am also very passionate about parenting.
Anyway, as you read along, try and comment. It might just encourage me...



Friday, January 8, 2010

Funny incidents

The other day, I took Neha over to a friend’s house. In the main hall, there was this big treasure chest, a décor item. I was busy chatting away with my friend and Neha struck up a conversation with my friend’s 13 year old daughter, Nitya. Normally when Neha is in the same room as me, I am a lot calmer. You can see the tension in me when the radar cannot spot her. I can hardly have a sane conversation.

Anyways, the older girl was practically in splits over something Neha was saying. Now that Neha is vocal about everything, there is the added fear of family secrets tumbling out!!! :D Then Nitya tells us that Neha was telling her that if she opens the box (the treasure chest) there might be gold and precious stones in it. And that Nitya and her family will become super rich and when people from far and wide come to see the box, they will have $$ signs in place of eye balls!!!

It was all we needed to roll around and laugh. All the cartoons Neha watch are taking effect, these days. I do keep tabs but the other day she switched over to another channel, where a guy was making a missile out of his snort. He just kept blowing his nose till he had a sizeable amount, which he then rolled up and threw at somebody!! Yuck! How gross! Now I definitely don’t want her trying that out or even better inciting somebody to do it. Oh, Neha is famous for encouraging her friends to do weird stuff! :D

My friend told me how when Nitya was about Neha’s age and she clobbered her on the head with some toy of hers. You can imagine how it would feel if you are clobbered, unsuspectingly. Well, my friend was not amused either. When she asked Nitya why she did it, she said she saw that in a cartoon and she wanted to see stars and birds on top of her mom’s head when she got clobbered! :D

And another time, she saw Nitya sneaking around with something. When she tiptoed around to see what it was, she was sneaking eggs into her room. When my friend asked her what she was up to, she said that she was going to sit on them to get them to hatch!!! :D

We had such a hearty laugh over these kids. When some of these annoying things happen, it really is not funny. In fact, it is the opposite of funny. But later as you look back, you cannot help but laugh.

Neha has lots of hairclips in all shapes and sizes. One of her favourite past time about 2 years back, was to get a lot of these clips, get a comb and get to work on our hair. My husband used to be wary of just sitting around on weekends. Many a time people have walked into the house to find a very funny looking man. He would just throw his hands up in the air and everybody would understand. With my longer hair, it would be a nightmare to get the hair clips off.

One day, Neha came and sat behind me as I watched TV. And she began pressing these clips into the hair. Or so I thought. After about 20 odd clicks and maybe what really got me thinking was that the program I was watching was interrupted by ads. I was saying, “ Neha, enough already!” But she did not stop. Then I thought - Hey, how is she managing to pick up a clip and click it on my hair so fast and how many clips did she really get? And I turned back to find out the truth. She got the gas lighter, was placing it on my head and clicking it as I would on the gas stove!!!! I practically jumped and had the fright of my life!!! Neha was really amused. I made a mental note to keep gas lighter further away from reach.

Do any of you have any such funny incidents to share??

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very true !!! I am laughing sitting at my comp and reading all abt it - but it'll be a nightmare to have a gas lighter on your hair !!!!

Nitya was so funny, when she was young ???? OH !!!

Seeing $$ instead of eyeballs, hatching the eggs by sitting on them, seeing stars and birds when clobbered - OMG !!! Where do these kids get the ideas - The cartoons are influencing them tooo much.

Hugs to Neha !!! She is cute and intelligent, but terribly naughty. Take care.

Lakshmi said...

That was lot of information in one post :). I am getting the chill of the gas lighter click! So much that kids can do as they are fearless. Had fun reading this.

Agnes said...

LOL! {except for the lighter episode of course :-)}

I absolutely love kids and love love love being around them. Sometimes they make more sense to me than adults do.

Swaram said...

LOL ... esp. the hatching and hair clip ones :P

My Kitchen Antics said...

Loved the $$ sign comment :)
Kids do say the darndest things dont they :)

Meenakshi said...

hehehe.. cute post.. Neha surely is a naughty little intelligent girl..love her imagination and her power of persuading others to do weird things.

almost split my stomach laughing at the imagination of Neha's dad patiently sitting down for her to be decorated by hair clips and then having a visitor.lol

yep yep.. you'll soon have to keep everything remotely dangerous faar faaaar away from reach.

Jane said...

LOL ...thanks for a good laugh! Daughters are precious - even with their mischief!

Reflections said...

Bins I think I have a weird sense of humour...everybody here is so concerned abt the lighter episode and I found it hilarious.....I've been thinking abt it atleast 4-5 times after the day u posted and everytime I'd be supressing a smile. The 1st day I laughed so much that my stomach was hurting;-D
Neha is the best I tell u...I dont have to tell u to keep ur eyes peeled;-D

The Cute Corner House said...

Hi, I came to your blog from Nancy's and I tell you that the first post I read made me Rotfl..goodness gracious..kids these days..

Thinking back, I have a similar incident,which happened about 8 years back at one of our close family friends place. S and A,two boys aged about 7 and 5(then) played barber shop at home. They flicked their dad's razor and helped each other to shave...where?? their heads..By the time their mom caught them out, those two had funny little patches all over their head :-)

Finally she had to take them to the hairdresser for a full shave.

Solilo said...

Ha ha ha Nehu is precious. Cute little and smart. I am laughing here loud imagining your husband in cute butterfly clips. :))

BTW Belated Happy Birthday, dear! We rock. Don't we.