A little insight

I am an avid thinker. I try and make a difference in the lives of people around me. I make people laugh. My blogs might seem more on the serious side but don't let it fool you into thinking that I am a serious person. I am known more for my quick wit and ability to tickle ribs. I am also very passionate about parenting.
Anyway, as you read along, try and comment. It might just encourage me...



Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The week that was..

Well, I just thought I would quickly put up a post in case the questions start pouring in. I am packed and headed to Vizag. We have a new addition to the family. A baby girl. She has the chubbiest cheeks! So here we are are, heading off to see her and her elated parents. Too bad it is just for a day and half.

Yes, Neha did get her Silver medal.

It is beginning to get rather cold. My daughter and I are on medication to tackle the nagging cold and cough that we have managed to contract from some place. If I though traveling was a bad deal, I always get to travel with a cold/allergy. For some crazy reason, just before I travel I fall sick. Just as I get a headache immediately after I have purchased tickets to a movie!

My yoga classes that were a boon to me has been canceled for this month. And just as quickly as it could, the pain in the neck is back. If I am under stress, the neck begins to hurt like crazy! My husband and his crazy working hours are back to haunt me. He leaves at 7:30 in the morning to get back only at 2:30 am. Yes, the next day. As many as hours as it is! I am just scrambling into bed and then up early again to make sure he has breakfast and pack lunch too. The crazy hours are getting to me. Of course, since he moved to a new department that caters to the Middle East, we don't have the normal Saturday and Sunday for weekends. So where does that leave me? Yes, I am on my way to loonyville! And to make things worse, the husband has been handed a Blackberry. He is annoying me with it. So if I thought he was really not there at home, every waking moment is being hogged by the Blackberry (nuisance!).

We have to leave in a little while and I am just hoping that we don't have to chase the bus that takes us. Wish me luck!

On a good note, the mood of the festive season is already settling in and I am so looking forward to the joy that Christmas brings! I just cannot believe that a whole year has gone by.

So, till I get back, you guys have a great time and don't miss me too much!! :D

P.s: Reflections- If you were expecting another post, I am sorta kinda done with that tag. I promise to put it up when I get back. :D


10 comments:

Agnes said...

Congrats Neha, you rock!!!!

Sorry about the flu :-( I hope you'll enjoy your trip anyway...

p/s: I wanna see your Christmas tree!!!!

Indy said...

All the best...and i can relate to the point abt men and when they get a new fancy gadget they are so absorbed by it!!Hehe! have a good time!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats and hugs to the mother of the chubby baby girl !!!!

Neha - YOU ALWAYS ROCK !!!! Keep it up !!!!

Blackberry ???? WOW !!!! I know that the phone is awesome, but all gadgets are a nuisance in some way to the quiet life we long for !!!

Yipeee !!! Me too very excited abt the Christmas - waiting to put up the tree like last year. Remember how we shopped together last year ??? So soon, another year is starting.

Take care on your journey to Vizag and come back soon.

Swaram said...

Vizag, chubby baby .. wow! Hv a gr8 time Bins :)

And pls take care of urself ... hope his work load decreases soon!

Christmas ...waiting to see the decorations and for the yum cake too :P

Have a nice pleasant trip :)

WannabeWriter said...

Hey...Happy journey! Have fun! Why is your husband working so hard catering to the ME when ME people are having holidays and enjoying? :D

Lakshmi said...

A new addition: that is such a good news. Hope you all get over the cold and have a good trip.

Solilo said...

I missed the post that mentioned Nehu's silver medal contest I guess. Congratulations to Nehu!

Take care you two.

Kelvy said...

ohh hope u had a good trip... hope u r better too.... Ahh blackberry almost every colleague and kuwaiti kid i c here sports one and are on it the whole time, though i dont undertsnd wats so gr8 ...heheh

Reflections said...

So now tht u r back, when r u putting up tht tag;-D???

Reflections said...

Where r u?????

Busy???

or

Lazy????