A little insight

I am an avid thinker. I try and make a difference in the lives of people around me. I make people laugh. My blogs might seem more on the serious side but don't let it fool you into thinking that I am a serious person. I am known more for my quick wit and ability to tickle ribs. I am also very passionate about parenting.
Anyway, as you read along, try and comment. It might just encourage me...



Saturday, November 14, 2009

Yipppeee!! Wooo Hooooooo!!!!

I am on such an emotional high, so I thought I will blog about it before it loses steam and of course the magic of the moment. For the first time, I organized an event. I stay in a building complex of about 300 flats. We have a very cosmopolitan, multi-lingual and vibrant crowd of people staying here. Not to mention, extremely talented people from all walks of life. Today, November 14th being Children’s Day, I was asked to co-ordinate and conduct the Children’s Day program.

I was terribly nervous because I was given only a day and half’s notice for putting things together. And me being me, I cannot rest easy organizing a poor show, but with so little time at hand, I was sure that it will turn out pathetic. I told myself to stop cribbing and had a go at it. I quickly put together a short quiz, decided on two games that can be pulled off with a large number of kids. The easiest to get away with is Musical Chairs but as we were about to announce it, I realized that the chairs were not available. So I quickly tweaked it to Four Corners! The kids enjoyed themselves thoroughly. I asked a friend of mine to emcee the event for me. When she dropped by my place this afternoon, she was still not too sure that it was a good idea. I had to really coax her, and now, she is grinning from ear to ear and has thanked me profusely for pushing her into it!!! :D

It was a runaway hit, guys!! It shaped up so well. My friend did a fabulous job with the emceeing. In the beginning, I was so disappointed that I did not even bother to dress up well. I just wanted to get the whole thing over with. Anyway, I had to just run around so I thought I was dressed just fine. And I did do a lot of running back and forth.

We had a celebrity for the Chief Guest, too. He has just sung a fabulous super hit song for a Tollywood (our local Hollywood!) movie. He sung and entertained the kids (and the bigger kids like me, too) and gave away prizes. All in all, it turned out to be a great event. The kids enjoyed themselves, danced and participated in huge numbers (and I was worried about a poor turnout). It was all very overwhelming. The compliments and praises have been pouring in. So many people, so many compliments, it felt really good. I missed my dear friends Uma (and her two beautiful girls) and Vaishali!! They would have been the happiest for me.

I am going to be grinning in my sleep.

For the past few days, my daughter has been struggling with a very complicated problem. She says that she has many friends and she was wondering which one of them she should marry. Today, she was totally in awe of Anuj (the Chief Guest). On the way back, she declared that she was going to marry him!!! :D My husband told her that he is already married. To which she had a response that has left us poor-witted parents wide-eyed !!!! The kids of today have it all sorted out!

Edited to add:

When we told Neha that the guys was already married, we (at least I) quite expected her to say: " That's OK! We can all be married!"

But her response was rather well thought out and came in a jiffy. She said:"Oh! When they grow old, sometimes the lady might die before he does. Then I will marry him!"

Can you beat that??!!!

You can imagine the shock on our faces!!

14 comments:

Lakshmi said...

Congratulations Bindu for doing such a good job of organizing the event. And that it turned out really well.

And your little one is cute, am very curious about her answer!

Swaram said...

LOL :P Neha hd a ready response ;) What a prob she hs ;)

Thatz a gr8 one Bins :) A pat on ur back and am very very happy for u ;)

Four corners game - sounds interesting :)

Glad it all turned out well :)

Here's to many more :) U rock :)

Sraboney said...

Congratulations! I admire people who can organize events since I can't...

Anonymous said...

Awesome Blossom !!!!

I just knew the show will be a great hit, when I read the notice for Children's Day celebrations, which said that you're organising the games. WOW !!! A big a hug to you and am so proud of you !!!!

I missed all the celebrations at our place, but still the celebrations are scheduled for today, here. Its been pouring since yday - shld wait and watch !!!

Am so happy that finally, you are taking centre stage and not working behind the scenes. YOU ROCK, MY DEAR !!!!

Reflections said...

I'm so happy for u....I can just imagine ur satisfaction at a job well-done. Kudos!!!!

So what was Neha's solution to the already married bit;-D?????

Indy said...

Wow! that is just fab! How did u manage that at such short notice ?! That's quite brave of u to take up the challenge and come out acing it!!Superb! Pix would have been appreciated....but I guess u can't! :)

ash's corner said...

Hey Bins, Great going. Knowing you, I am sure it must have been good fun. Oh! How I wish I was there too. Well I did do my little bit, you can say in my own way on children's day. Took all the tuition kids out for some fun and snacks. Had a great time.

I too would love to know Neha's answer to the already married bit.

WannabeWriter said...

Sounds great! Great job! I can totally understand how you feel!

And...do I dare ask what Neha said???

Suree said...

I can see your happiness in this post.

***To which she had a response that has left us poor-witted parents wide-eyed !!!!***

what was the response from your daughter ?

Indy said...

I just tagged you...pls check my blog!

Agnes said...

Awwww, well done!!!!

Hey, Tollywood? Really? So Hollywood, Bollywood and now Tollywood?

Butterfly said...

Well, we have Kollywood and Mollywood and sandalwood too. Ha ha!!!!! See, we luv to take up concepts like this and overdo it to death!!!! Ha ha!!!!

Kelvy said...

hey cool that u were able to organize such a gr8 event in such a short time... and its fantastic to know that everyone enjoyed it :)

Anonymous said...

I have also done a lot of even organisation and frequently found, in all the running around, I had no time to dress up for the event :) It's a lot of fun but also totally exhausting.

Your daughter is adorable :) My son's worry was that all the girls (actually cousins and aunts etc) were getting married and there would be none left for him :)